Great Commission Update
- Worldwide Christian churches devote more than 85% of their resources on their own development. That is, only 15% of this arsenal of personnel, finance, prayer, and tools goes to bless unreached people groups.
- In the U.S., the picture is even bleaker. According to the Bibles for All World Prayer Map, American Christians spend 95% of offerings on home-based ministry, 4.5% on cross-cultural efforts in already-reached people groups, and 0.5% to reach the unreached.
- American evangelicals could provide all of the funds needed to plant a church in each of the 10,000 people groups with only 0.2% of their income.
- If all the missionaries needed came from this country, less than 0.5% of evangelicals aged 18 — 35 could form the teams required.
- Only 10% (43,000 of 430,000) foreign missionaries are where 95% of the world’s needs are.
- Over two billion have never heard the name of Jesus — even one time.
Sources: Urbana, and The Traveling Team.