“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to…obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you” — The Apostle Peter
My name is Chris Poteet, and I am currently working as an enterprise IT consultant. However, my interests ultimately lie elsewhere. I envision helping other Christians in their pursuit of doctrine and apologetics, but my main goal to cover all goals is to get one unreached people group to be reached.
I have spent an inordinate amount of time typing my testimony if you are interested. That will give more of a background as to where I’ve come from, where I’m at, and where I’m going. As far as personal interests, I’m one of the few theologians who loves to do stupid stuff like climb rocks, scuba dive, sky dive, and the like. I truly enjoy my friendships, and I take much joy in being very social (I wonder if Jonathan Edwards was a social guy?).
Where Am I Going?
I ministered in Bridges International which is an extension of Campus Crusade for Christ for my collegiate ministry. This gave me a heart and passion for international students and people in general (aided by my summer on project with The Traveling Team). I am now focused on mobilizing myself and others to reach the unreached peoples of the world. I would like to attend seminary at some point to study missiology.
- Reformed. I hold fast to the truth that the natural man is incapable of coming to Christ. Therefore, God’s divine decree of election is what avails the opportunity for salvation, and Christ specifically died for those given to Him by the Father. This operating grace is irresistible, and once God has regenerated the believer he will never be lost.
- Baptist. The baptism of only the professing believer, and the independence of the local congregation. Also included in this is the regulative principle and plurality of elder model.
- Missional. I strive to teach soundly the call of Christ to reach all of the nations (people groups) while practicing evangelism anywhere I might be.
- Covenant Theologian. God’s main purpose in history is His Son and by extension His elect.
- Amillennial. The millennium of Rev 20 is “realized” and to be interpreted through inaugurated eschatology.